Friday 19 June 2015

The Pharcyde 'Drop' Fat Boy Slim 'Praise You'

What is it about these videos that attracts our attention.

The Pharcyde 'Drop'


This video attracts my attention because they have used a natural street setting which I think is interesting because it shows the type of place they live and the type of place they are trying to represent in the song. It also attracts my attention because they have edited the video so it appears as if it is going in an reverse order which is very interesting to watch and also makes you wonder what it looked like before if it went in the normal order so I think this editing technique also helps the viewer to think about what they are watching more.

From this video for my own video i think that could use the editing technique of it going backwards as I think that this is quite an affective technique however I do not think that I would use it the whole way through my video as I think this is maybe a bit to much. From this video I think I would make the lighting lighter as this would sit my genre better however I think the dark lighting suits the hip hop genre very well which is what they are trying to portray.


Fat Boy Slim 'Praise You'




This video attracts my attention because it is unlike any other video that I have seen. For example it uses handheld camera through out the whole of the video. It is also set in a completely natural setting and it was not staged at all for example the people who are watching the dancers did not know that this was being recorded so their reactions are completely raw. This also attracts my attention because I really like videos were they uses dancers in them in this instance that have used a flash mob type situation where that just start dancers in the middle of a crowd in a public place which I feel is very effective.

From this video from my own video i would not use natural lighting throughout the whole of the video as I think that it makes the quality of the camera look very poor. I would also not just use handheld camera I would also use more of a variety of shots as I think that this would make the video more interesting. 

Why do music videos need interesting ideas?

I think that music videos need interesting ideas because they need something that is different to any other artist which is going to make them unique as an artist so when the audience watches the video they will know straight away who that artists is. I also think that they need to be interesting so the audience are willing to watch them over and over again because this jus the whole point of a music video it is needs to share the image of what the artist was thinking when they recorded the song. The video is also a way of the fans to connect with the artist and feel part of there world which will help the artist to seek more albums.

Why do they need to stand out?

I think that an artists music video needs to stand out because the more it stands out the more people are likely to watch it and share it around this means they are likely to get more views which can lead to them gaining more fans. When videos stand out it is usually because they have done something that the audience would never think of doing or what be too afraid to do. |I think this is one of the reasons that the Fat Boy Slim video is so effective because usually people would be too embarrassed to dance in a public place in front of people so they are able to watch the people in the video do it instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment