Wednesday 17 June 2015

logo for our record label

We looked at several different logos for inspiration when thinking about how to design our own logo. when looking at this logos there were certain logos that stood out to us as a group for example we really like the Handcooked records label as there was a block of colour with white writing which really stood out to us. We also liked the font from island because it was bold and clear this is an important thing because the clearer that it is the more that a person will be able to read it which means they are more likely to remember it and if they like the music they have brought they are more likely to go back to that record label again for song choices as they will sell the type of music that the audience likes. Finally we liked the Diamond and raw Record label logo because it uses an interesting picture in its logo which its different to the rest as it looks 3D which makes it stand out compared to the other labels that we looked at.


This is the Island record label logo. I like this logo because I like how the text stands out and also how they have used an image that represents that name of their record label. However I do not like this logo because I think the picture and the logo are in disproportionate sizes with each other which makes the logo look unbalanced. 
This is Colombia records logo I don't like this label because I feel like is docent all connect as the image is too separate from the actual text and which could make it look like two separate things. However I do like this logo because I think that the image is different which makes it interesting and attracts the views eye and they are more likely to remember the symbol even if they do not remember the name.
This is Diamond and Raw record label logo. I like this logo because it all looks like one whole image with the writing and picture inside a circle. I also like the image inside of the Circle this is because it looks 3d which makes it stand out. However I do not like the text in this logo because I do not feel like is bold enough which means that it doesn't stand out as much.

This is Handcooked Records logo. I like this logo because they have used colour for there background which helps it stand out a the majority of them are black and white. However what would make this stand out more would be it the text and the image were pure white because the cream makes it look quite dull.
This is republic records logo. I like this logo because they have used the same image twice but they have just edited it slightly to make the colour lighter on one side then the other. I also like this record labels logo because the image that they have used represents what record labels are about and that is creating music.

This is Pinwheel Records logo. I like this logo because it says  the name of where they were created. I think this is a good idea because this is a way for the audience to connection to the record label if they have a special connection to this place or not which may meant they are more likely to look at the record label which will connect them to the artists.

This Vibetown Records logo. I like this logo because I like how they have used to circle to connect it all like  Diamond and Raw logo. I also like how they have kept it quite simple and it looks extremely professional. However in some ways I do think that it may be useful if they did have an image included in there logo because this helps the viewer to remember the record label.
This is Infinite records logo. I like this logo because the text is bold which helps it stand out and I also think the image is relevant and very creative. However i do not like this logo because I think the image is two small and if it was bigger it would help it standout more.
This is Urban records logo. I like this logo because they have used a large image which is very creative and uses the first letters of the companies name in the image which makes it more memorable. I also like he style of text they have used and the size of the font that they have used.

Here are some of the record labels that produce the same genre of music that we are thinking of recreating:




No comments:

Post a Comment