Friday 15 January 2016

Evaluation 4

How did you use media technologies in the construction and research, planning and evaluation stages?



This was created on bubbl.us
(click on the image to view it larger)

My Progress Since AS level

Since doing my AS i have learnt and developed on so many new things. For example in my AS there
I did not know how to split clips and layer different clips.


In our AS task I do not think that our lighting was very effective. We all use lighting that was in the house and did not use any extra lighting. Although we wanted to have natural lighting I think that we could have created this in a more effective. As you can see in our music video we have made full use of the lighting and have been very inventive and come up with different ways to create lighting that fits the song and fits the genre although we have challenged so conventions.


In our AS we used text at the start of the video this however was appropriate we have learnt that text is not always need and is not always effective for example we were going to use text in the beginning of our video however when we tried it, it did not look effective.



 In our A2 work we used a lot more effects then we did in AS this is because we did not know about them however in our A2 we were able to experiment a lot more and challenge conventions. However I do think that using certain effects would have made our AS work better for example in the scene we could have used hard light which I think would of really made this scene and setting a lot more interesting.





Since out AS coursework we have upgraded our cameras as the quality the cameras produce was quite poor and I think that does effect the perception of our video. This year we were able to use better quality cameras which had more settings on them which were better for filming in different types of lighting it also had a stabilizer on it which makes our shots less shaky.




I feel like this year overall that we had a lot more opportunity to break conventions and be more creative. I also feel like we were able to play around with different effects, transition and different functions available on iMovie. I feel like I enjoyed the music video process more because we were able to be creative with costumes and also was able to use more cast members and it could be any gender and any amount as it did not have to fit a specific convention.

Over this past two projects i believe my media knowledge has vastly improved and i am now more competent in what goes in to the process of making a music video of a thriller. I am also more capable in using media platforms such as iMovie, Photoshop and Prezi and I have a wider knowledge of media terms and techniques.

No comments:

Post a Comment